First, I would like to thank everyone again for her/his active participation in the 24th ENGINEERING MECHANICS 2018 Conference in Svratka. I hope you enjoyed the meeting.
During last four days 254 experts from the Czech Republic and abroad have had the opportunity to enjoy two keynote lectures and almost 180 contributions in four parallel sections. Out of 61 posters, 34 posters entered the competition of the general manager of ZDAS. The main prize has been awarded to the poster Standard tensile test compared to the small punch test of aluminium alloy by František Šebek, Petr Kubík and Jindřich Petruška from the Brno University of Technology.
Thanks to all of you, our main scientific objective to share novel scientific ideas and projects has certainly been successful. Science communications very much live or die according to what the participants are willing to share and I really appreciate everyone's contribution.
To remind the event, some photos have been posted in the gallery. If you should have any further requests or suggestions about the conference, please do not hesitate to contact us.
My special thanks are addressed to the young authors. Scientific work is not easy, often tedious and painful, but do not lose your hearts. Let the thoughts of one of the greatest thinkers of the world inspire your continuous effort:
- Mechanics is the paradise of the mathematical sciences because by means of it one comes to the most beautiful fruits of mathematics.
- Just as eating against one’s will is injurious to health, so studying without a liking for it spoils the memory, and it retains nothing it takes in.
In this place, I would like to greatly thank to all, who contributed their effort to the conference success. These are namely
- my closest colleague Cyril Fischer, PhD. for most of the preparation work,
- general manager of ZDAS Pavel Cesnek, MSc. and managing director Radek Vlček, MSc. for favour, noticeable support and great collaboration,
- Michael Formánek, MSc. for excellent management of the cooperation between ZDAS and the organizing committee,
- the kind ladies who welcomed you at the registration desk and solved every single problem which had appeared and a all the assistants in the lecture halls for smooth course of the presentations,
- manager of the hotel Svratka, Matěj Jiřčík, MSc. and all the personnel of the hotel for very kind and co-operative support,
- and to all others who has contributed to the success of the conference.
Ladies and Gentlemen, the conference EM2018 is over. However, the jubilee 25th conference EM2019 in Svratka is going to be held in May, 13-16, 2019. The event will be organized by the Institute of Thermomechanics under the guidance of Igor Zolotarev, PhD. We invite you to follow the further announcements. With my best regards and wishes for an inspiring year.
Chairman of the scientific commitee EM2018
Institute of Solid Mechanics, Mechatronics and Biomechanics, Faculty of Mechanical Engineering, Brno University of Technology
Institute of Thermomechanics of the Czech Academy of Sciences
ŽĎAS, a.s., Žďár nad Sázavou
IFTOMM Member Committe of the Czech Republic
Czech Society for Mechanics
Association for Engineering Mechanics
The objective of the 24th conference is to provide a forum for researchers to discuss the state-of-the-art in Mechanics of Solids, Fluids and Thermomechanics, this particularly in connection with problems under investigation in the Czech Republic. Problems of engineering mechanics, related to the contemplated topics, will be discussed and their solutions presented during the sessions of the Conference held at the Hotel Svratka, situated in the beautiful countryside of the Žďár Highlands.
The EM2018 aims to provide a forum for researchers, industry practitioners, engineers and postgraduate scholars to promote exchange and disseminate knowledge and experiences of the most recent results and advances in a wide range of topics in Engineering Mechanics, including, but not limited to:
|Fluid Mechanics||Fracture Mechanics|
|Mechanics of Solids||Mechatronics|
|Reliability of Structures||Technology|
All of the posters exhibited at the Conference can enter be accepted into the competition for the prize of the general manager of the ŽĎAS company. The Conference Proceedings will be prepared in the same way as in successful years 2011, 2014, 2016 and 2017, when the proceedings were indexed in in Web of Science (Clarivate Analytics, formerly ISI Thomson Reuters).
(Conditions of the Prize Awarded by ŽĎAS, a.s. Managing Director)